As we get older, our faces change. Sooner or later the inevitable happens, and we begin to notice the appearance of "crows feet," frown and "worry" lines, and the development of nasal labial folds and "marionette" lines just below the mouth.
Additionally, many of us also suffer a significant loss of facial volume, caused by the breakdown of connective tissue (collagen and elastin). It is this deterioration that causes our faces to deflate and descend -- typically, our brows begin to fall, our jaw lines sag, our cheeks and lips begin to loose their fullness, and the areas around our eyes begin to hollow, giving us that old and "always tired" look.
By contrast, the youthful face is characterized by smooth, unwrinkled skin, full cheeks and lips, upraised brows, a firm jaw line, and full, youthful contours around the eyes and nose.
Unlike traditional surgical procedures that often make a patient's face appear taut and gaunt-looking, injectable dermal fillers (e.g., Restylane, Radiesse, Juvederm and others), including the PRP Facelift, can immediately restore lost facial volume where it is needed most.
After a local anesthetic is administered, a safe, non-allergenic "dermal filler" is injected directly into the areas that need volume restoration. Some swelling and bruising and mild discomfort may occur after the procedure. However, these side effects typically go away within a few days. Normal activities can generally be resumed within a day or two. The end result is a softening of deep lines and wrinkles and a re-contouring of the face that creates a more youthful appearance (see "Before and After" photos below).
Depending on the type of filler used, results typically last from 10 months to a year or longer, after which the procedure can be repeated as often as desired.
What are the Advantages over Surgical Procedures?
As mentioned above, dermal filler injectables offer several important advantages:
1. Compared with surgical procedures, dermal filler injectables are minimally invasive (much safer).
2. Dermal filler injectables are generally much less expensive.
3. There is no significant "downtime" with the dermal filler injectables. Surgical procedure patients, however, often have to take time off (several weeks or more) to recuperate before they can resume normal activities.
4. Unlike a surgical procedures which stretch skin over an attenuated face, dermal filler injectables actually restore youthful volume to the face.
5. Dermal filler injectable procedures can be easily "tweaked" or modified over time, helping you achieve your aesthetic goals without risking a "major mishap."
Call (520) 296-0635 TODAY for an appointment!
If you have any questions,
comments, or scheduling inquiries,
please call us directly.
5930 E Pima St., Suite 124, Tucson, AZ 85712
Tuesdays and Fridays: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. by appointment only